Bought this for my son for his 10th birthday, he loves it, so easy to use and great fun. The availability of colours of this product is great too.
My 9 year old just loves this present. It was soooooo easy to set up and use. She hasn’t stopped making characters, scenery etc. We use an old shoebox as the ‘set’. In fact, we are all in the films so great family fun too.
Pretty good product we’ve made some lego movies already which have proved entertaining and full of graphic violence of the red felt-tip variety. My 9 year old thinks it is great. Our old computer is groaning abit though due to the size of the files generated. Roll on buying a new computer. Here are the specifications for the HUE Animation Studio:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- The kit contains everything you need to create, save and share your own amazing stop motion animated movies. An educational and fun gift for kids of all ages
- Includes the HUE HD camera with mic; the HUE Book of Animation, a 60-page full color book; a mini stage with background and ‘green screen’; and stop motion software with access to a safe online community, sound effects, printable activities and backdrops.
- Animate using LEGO®, modelling clay, paper or toys, and recreate your favourite scenes from movies like Minions, Frozen and Star Wars in minutes.
- Recommended by teachers and used in schools throughout the world. With Creatubbles – the safe global community for creators of all ages – you can save, share, discover and interact with your films by pressing the ‘Share with Creatubbles’ button.
- A big thumbs up…” LEGO® Education. HUE Animation Studio has received awards from Parent’s Choice (GOLD), Creative Child (Product of the Year) , the Good Toy Guide, the Dad’s Choice Awards Teachers Choice and Mom’s Choice. It’s popular for homeschooling, in makerspaces and classrooms for STEAM activities. Over 100,000 software licenses activated.
Pretty good product we’ve made some lego movies already which have proved entertaining and full of graphic violence of the red felt-tip variety. My 9 year old thinks it is great. Our old computer is groaning abit though due to the size of the files generated. Roll on buying a new computer.
My children aged 6 (girl) and 9 (boy) love theirs. This is the coolest toy for your children for christmas 2010 and beyond, it allows them to be able to have computer time, arts and crafts time, and really use their imagination, and no fighting as they can all create their animation and be the camera controller. If going away for the holidays, it takes up no space to take with you, and you can use it with anyone else’s computer and a little modelling plasticine, or clay. Young and old can master this unique toy, and for under £50. 00 it is definitely one for all the family’s stocking. Nephews, nieces godchildren, one each. The bonus is we bought one for a friend and now the two 9 year olds also talk to each other and play funny games with the camera and skype.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Great camera better than using your tablet/phone
- Very nice product, super easy to use
- Great product for all ages!
Brilliant classroom resource. I was lucky enough to be given one of these to try with my year 1 class at school. Since the beginning of september it has been passed throughout the school and every class has loved it. It has supported learning in all curriculum areas such as science (zooming in on leaves) and literacy (making stories come to life with play dough animations). The camera is super easy to use and my class of 6 year olds can access it independent after a bit of training. I’ve also used the camera to show their work on the iwb. Great classroom resource and i’m sure we will want more in school soon.
An excellent starting point for kids for stop motion animation. Easy to use straight from the box with minimal set up. The kids found it straightforward and mastered it very quickly, producing animated videos in no time. The software is intuitive and versatile and is a full version. Just use the product key on the cd sleeve to activate it.