Bt phone cable fitting tool. Would have been nice to have instructions-having said that-good value for the price and was ok in use-was cheaper than other makes.
Has a good solid punch down click, so i know it makes good terminations,seems well made, should last for some time.
Professional IDC Tool (Krone Style) – Push down insertion tool connects wires into terminal blocks on BT telephone and RJ45 computer sockets & junction boxes – 1308 spec phone cable, Cat 5 / Cat 5e & Cat 6 wire (METAL Connectors on tool for professional use or DIY )
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Professional IDC Tool (Krone Style)
- Connects wires into terminal blocks on telephone and RJ45 computer sockets & junction boxes
- You do not need to strip the wire, just seat the wire into place and use this tool which strips and cuts wire to size
- Use on BT sockets & Computer sockets (Cat 5, 5e & 6 cable etc)
- Tool can be used over and over again – tough metal ends for professional use – As this model is not made by Krone, it is available at a low cost, so most DIYers can just add one to their tool box, rather than use the throw away plastic type which are awkward to use
Professional idc tool (krone style) – push down insertion tool connects wires into terminal blocks on bt telephone and rj45 com. Not as good as i had hoped, but perhaps that is just my lack of skill or training. In the end i found it easier to use a simple metal ended tool and cut off the spare ends with a small sharp knife. The small plastic tools are useless by the way. If you need one of these you also need a simple tester.
I was surprised that the tool came without any instructions for use. However this was not a problem, in use, as the tool can only fit the connector one way. It is a good solid device that does the job perfectly. When wire insertion is correct the tool’s spring loaded tip tells one that the insertion is complete. This tool should stand up to a lot of use.
Not bad considering the price. I have used this idc tool a few times now. The construction feels quite flimsy but it does do the job quite well. I think it is worth the very low price. I will just buy another when it breaks as it’s so cheap.
Professional IDC Tool (Krone Style) – Push down insertion tool connects wires into terminal blocks on BT telephone and RJ45 computer sockets & junction boxes – 1308 spec phone cable, Cat 5 / Cat 5e & Cat 6 wire (METAL Connectors on tool for professional use or DIY ) : This is exellent value for money. Well made very robust and easy to use. There were no instuctions with the tool however this did not cause any problems. Saves time and trouble when using it correctly. Would definately recommend this product.